I was nominated for an award. That’s surprising. It’s called the Liebster Blog Award.
I was nominated by Angela from the blog Giving Up Sugar. I’m a college student, so giving up sugar isn’t something that will be happening in my life anytime soon, but I respect people who can do things like that. I’m a little amazed that she found me, let alone likes me enough to nominate me for an award, but I’ll accept.
The award has to do with getting to know bloggers better, and the rules are this:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Now I don’t know that I am even following ten blogs that have less than 200 followers, because I don’t have much time to read, and the blogs that I do read have a lot of followers, but I am thankful for the recognition.
Angela’s ten questions are:
- Why do you blog?
Well, I did write a blog post about this a few weeks ago. It can be found here.
- Who inspires you most?
This is a toughy. I’m not sure that people really inspire me. God inspires me. Sometimes my roommate Michelle inspires me. Anyone who is willing to go out and live their dreams, no matter what happens inspires me. That’s what I want to do, I want to dream, and I want to live my dreams.
- Cats or dogs?
- The best destination for a relaxing holiday is…?
There isn’t one; or if there is I wouldn’t know it. I like to visit new places. But the one place I want to go more than any other place is England.
- What was your favorite book as a child and why?
Ooh, another tough one. I read a lot of books as a child, and not many of them more than once. I know I loved the Chronicles of Narnia. I can tell you my favorite book in high school was 13 Reasons Why. It probably still is.
- Who do you miss the most?
Out of all the people that I miss in my life, who do I miss the most? Ugh, so many difficult questions. I don’t think that I miss specific people, I more miss the friendships that I had. I don’t have very many friends anymore, and certainly not very many close ones. I want to understand how and why I’ve changed, and if I even have. I want to be able to cultivate friendships again.
- If you were invisible, where would you like to go?
Um… nowhere. Or maybe an airport. I could fly planes for free because no one could see me. I’d probably go to London.
- What’s the kindest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
I used to have this friend named Mary. She went to Germany, Africa, and Switzerland for six months to do missions my sophomore year of college. When she returned, instead of telling me the actual date of her returning, she surprised me at my school. Later that year our friendship ended, but the fact that someone thought of me enough to do that for me was the best thing ever.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Time travel. Go get myself a dinosaur baby.
- Can you ride a horse?
Can I? Yes. Do I like it? No. I rode horses when I was a kid. Then the pony I usually rode stumbled, threw me off, and rolled over me. I haven’t liked riding as much since then and have only gone a couple times.
I’m going to nominate as many blogs as I can, but I might not make it to ten. Whoops.
My ten questions are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite adventure idea?
- What country would you live in if you could live anywhere?
- What would you do if all your bills were covered, so you had no debt, and you had an extra $100,000?
- What superpower do you wish you had?
- Why do you believe what you believe?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is you favorite movie?
- What is your fondest memory?
- Who was your first friend?